Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dilemmas

Ok. I have this urge to find out more about starting a new career.... a culinary career. I have to find another outlet for my "talents", and I use that term loosely, as I am not sure if I have talent in this particular field. I am desperately seeking my "Susan" or just being able to live MY version of a purpose driven life. (Did you catch that thinly veiled attempt at humor AND a movie reference? Kudos to you if you did.) I need a new outlet... one where I WANT to get up every day, to learn something new, do different things, share ideas with others and escape this grind. I have fallen into a pit, nay, an abyss from which I fear I will never be able to claw my way out. The dilemma is this.... I work so much in my dead end job that I barely have time to sleep. I work 12 hours a day, M-F, and for what? Well, I do receive some intrinsic value, but it is a thankless job to say the least. When and how would I explore this vast and interesting career choice to see if it would really work for me and how I would/could work within? I shall have to ponder more and will give the back story for beginning this blog during my next post. Alas, it is bed time once again..... there are not enough hours in the day.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you posting!! Unfortunately, feeling caught in a rut happens to too many people. My life is very routine right now, but I like it. I hope you are able to find that career makes you happy to go to work. Feel free to pick my brain (this wont take long due to low volume). I love you Nee!

    Linder

    ReplyDelete